Thursday, October 1, 2009

September Rundown

Its the first of Oct. To me this means Fall which is my favorite time of the year no matter where I live. Right now I am typing before the kids wake up for the morning and cant think of event dates.
We did go to Vala's Pumpkin Patch which is the largest in America. It was fun and interesting. Most things I watched the kids do with Philip. It was a squadron function in which we got a discounted admission. I forgot the camera so no photos folks. It was nice to walk around holding Philip's hand and having the boys chatter. Ethan did somehow manage to get lost on the way to enter the cornfield maze. Philip found him just as he had tears spurt. I don't which was worse for him lost or having his dad see him cry.
Ethan had a Birthday in Sept on the 15th. He is 11 this year and I honestly wasn't prepared for it. We spend $100 on birthdays. This includes a gift and whatever party or activity they want to do. This year is family year so we picked him up the old Star Trek Movies, a Game Stop gift card, and a gift bag of "favorite thing" goodies. Philip started the gift bag years ago for me and it was so great it stuck.
Ethan's actual birthday we went out of Chinese food where Philip met us after work. It was decent food. I hated that Ethan wasn't at home opening gifts, on that note the camera was home also. There is something to be said that is so special about homemade cakes and streamers.
We volunteered that evening at the Mable Rose Estate Homes to call Bingo. Ethan was our caller and all seemed to have fun.
Jermey Camp an alternative Christian Rock performer, came to Omaha. This is one of Gavin and Philip's favorite music groups. Philip doesn't dance freely. Gavin doesn't stop moving, so when both did opposite of the normal self I knew we were having a good time. I did like the fact we had church pews to sit in. Comfortable for the boys to fall asleep. They aren't used to staying up so late and crashed after slow song lol. It was nice to be out as a family, hear live music, and not have to deal with drunks, someone smoking pot, people making out, and language. It was all the great stuff a concert is suppose to be.
I did lose my Great Aunt Maxine Stinson. Everyone called her Aunt Mackie. What is the story behind this I wonder? She was a tiny lady who made it to 94. The past five years my Mom and Greg have made a place in their home. The boys were able to get to know her this summer when they spent a week at Mom's by themselves. Aunt Mackie was there when Mom would go into work for a few hours. Ethan I remember watched a lot of news with her. His comment when he came home was MOM THERE IS A LOT OF BAD STUFF THAT HAPPENS IN KANSAS CITY. He has been told every city is like this. Too bad they forget the good news when broadcasting.
Philip and I are very excited to have a baby coming. The doctor we have found is really friendly and proactive. Hearing the baby's heart beat was very overwhelming for me. I honestly had not fully registered it was real. Last night I felt the first flutters at 10 weeks. It was such a different odd movement I am sure of what it was. Number 4 it is possible.
One of the best things about being back in America is friends are closer. Jen was my first BFF and has been through the past 9 years with me. I don't really get why our lives have started to parallel maybe age. Last Jan she to her surprise found out she was pregnant. Well little Bethany decided to come early and sent all plans flying. I didn't think I was going to get to go. Tickets were an absurd amount to fly to Boston. She lives in Sommersworth NH. Jen told me in a message." Don't worry God will find a way to work this out" I have deep trust and faith but the little stuff I don't ask God for much. He does pretty good giving me what I need, and teaching me what I should learn. Sometimes it does feel like a spanking but for the most part doesn't hurt long. So no lie the next day after she says this I have a junk mail from Travelocity with specials from Omaha. My flight was $219 leaving a Sat and returning a Tues. I didn't have to go to Chicago to connect and had long enough layovers it wasn't stressful.
We had a great but busy two and half days. Bethany decided she liked me and didn't scream when i held her. This is a trend in General with females in my life. lol Glad i am not a man. The first night I was able to take Bethany to let parents sleep. They were zombies.. I hate the first four months of any new routine. The next day she was dedicated and we went for a great lunch. I got to babysit this night while Jen and Ian went to dinner. Monday we headed into Portsmouth to see the old square. I found a market that named that the spot where George Washington read the Declaration of Independence. Their children Natalee and Zachary spent time doing things with me also. I was chuckling as I cleaned out their fridge.. that's a friend come clean poopy diapers, pack lunches, babysit, and clean out a fridge without asking. It's in this moment that I realized I was praying and not just talking to myself. It was a humbling experience to have a person share their love, life and family without any concern or jealousy. I did miss my own guys terribly but they were having a blast with Philip. They did a guys weekend full of karting, movies, football games, and unpacking.
Our house still doesn't feel like home but our family is getting back to normal. Maybe it's time to start unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment