Friday, October 23, 2009

Cuisine

Tonight I made a great new dish and before I forget what I did will share the recipe.
Before leaving Belgium my German friend, Anja, gave me a huge bottle of MAGGI sauce.
I have been given many foods to use when leaving a country we have lived in before. Most I do try but it was never the same as my local national friends made. Example fried rice. Never can repeat the same texture or taste twice.

I had tried using the Maggi sauce in something else and forgot what. So here is what I made tonight and the kids are scarfing it down as I type this out.

I package of Beef Kelbsa cut into 1/4" slices
2 bell peppers sliced into strips
1/4 onion quartered
4 T Maggi sauce
water
oil
corn starch

white rice for the side(20 min in rice cooker to cook while making stir fry)

I sliced everything up
put oil in pan and stir fry veg first, sprinkle on Maggi sauce.
when you smell peppers/onions add meat and cup of water: bring to boil
1 cup water 2T corn starched mixed then poured into stir fry mix let boil for 5 min then simmer.
add pepper to taste
entire meal took 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment